Monday, November 17

Dusting myself off

For the first time since I've decided to post my work up for critique, this morning (or rather last night) I received some very constructive and "to the point" feedback. Since I have a tendency to forget good advice and keep doing things my own wrong way, I'll include it here for future reference. The critique, by the way, was in regards to "The Street", which I posted a little while ago - the one in black and white.

Note to self:

Dear Catalina,

Next time you decide to bump up the contrast to insane levels and discover the "masterpiece" looks good, do make sure your monitor is calibrated - the same goes for color balance. Next piece of advice - everybody becomes annoyed when you stop every 2 minutes to get "just the right shot". That's not going to change, so you might as well have something to show for it - try several angles and frames, wider, tighter, portrait, landscape, so on and so forth.

Best wishes,
Catalina

P.S. Next time you drop by, do remember to add thumbnails for the photos.


You would think I'd be able to figure out things like these on my own. Apparently, I need to be taken by the hand and given the nickle tour over and over until I get it right. C'est la vie...

Oh, and Catalina, honey... water the damn plant once a year, will you?

No comments: