Tuesday, November 18

Photography 101

I've decided to start a series of so-called studies - photographs that aren't intended as complete works in themselves, but rather bitesized bits of research into isolated aspects of photography. As such, these should be viewed as no more than simple exercises with a distinct objective.

And my self-assigned homework for today is going to be...

...drumroll...

A Study In Tone

Photography Blog, macro, rope, sea, waves, blue

This photo came to be as a result of sheer boredom and a bad white balance setting, but as a novice, I have made peace with the thought that for now, I'm more likely to do something right by mistake than by intention. This only seemed to confirm the prospect. At any rate, I happened to be somewhat fond of this photo and I figured I'd make the best of it - excessive as it may be, the blue sets a bit of a nostalgic tone that I find rather pleasing. And I have to say I was quite proud of my camera for the distinctiveness of each fiber composing the rope in the close-up part of the photo. But then again, what do I know?

I would (very politely) ask for some feedback from my readers, but as of yet I'm not even sure Google has indexed my humble little corner of the web. For all I know, I could be talking to myself here.

But no matter, the show must go on...
So tune in next week, for a study in texture (or whatever else I may find interesting at the time).

P.S. I keep forgetting to mention this - if you want to, you can click the photo to view it in full size.

No comments: