Saturday, November 15

From the top, with feeling

And hello again.

I thought I'd start with - what else - the beginning.
And in the beginning there was... the camera. In my case, and my humble uneducated opinion - a darling little toysie with smarts, named the Olympus SP-560UZ, perfect for the semi-beginner with high aspirations. Or as I have affectionately dubbed it - Wallie. Needless to say, the debate around the name was beautifully surreal.

That having been said, I now give you my first attempt at urban photography...

Photography Blog, urban, street, black and white, film grain, Crete
A little crowded, a little amateur, a little clumsy in postwork. And I hereby dub it "the starting point". The original photo was taken this summer, somewhere in Rethymno, Crete.

I happen to be quite fond of this genre and I suspect there's going to be some hefty amount of further experimentation for me in this area. Then again, I'm in that stage where I feel the need to experiment with pretty much anything, so Lord knows what will catch my eye next.

As a side-note on the postwork, I should say I've worked with Photoshop for some time now, but never with more advanced photo retouching, so I was in for quite a revelation upon discovering its versatility. I know it's immensely tempting at first and I expect to rely heavily on postediting for quite some time, but I am doing my best to move on to a stage where my photos won't need that much tinkering with to just be decent.

So there you have it. I'll be back with more, but sadly, right now I have homework to do. Cheers!

No comments: